Would losing weight affect my arthritis?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Reduces trauma
Decreases trauma while active and weight bearing to your joints, especially hips, knees, ankles, and feet. 2. Weight loss in the abdomen, straightens posture, and reduces stress on the facet joints of your back. 3, finally, you become a pro-active patient, one that does not just say, " dr. Give me a pill." this will spill over into other problems you may have, or may develop!

In brief: Reduces trauma
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Andras Perl
Ideal weight helps prevent the development and worsening of many forms of arthritis.

Dr. Andras Perl
Dr. Andras Perl
Dr. Michael Laccheo
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
If you are overweight, depending on the type of arthritis you have, losing weight is usually very beneficial.

Dr. Michael Laccheo
Dr. Michael Laccheo
Dr. William Forsythe