My son has ptsd frm phys.Abuse @ an in home daycare. Is it true development can be arrested at the age of the trama? He's been in therapy all along

Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: Is he safe now?
I'm sorry to hear of what happened to your son.
I'm hoping he's safe now, no longer exposed to the treatment you describe? If he's safe, loved, and also in treatment, he has every chance of healing and growing. Depending on how severe the trauma was, he could have triggers with stressful events. Is he socializing normally? Playing? Learning in school? Important to review these things.

In brief: Is he safe now?
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Bryan Levey
In brief: Agree w Dr. Pappas
Everything dr. Pappas said is exactly right.
But to your original question: no, it is not true his development can be arrested. It can be very significantly impacted, but the development of a child who is growing and interacting in the world never stops.

In brief: Agree w Dr. Pappas
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Thanks for emphasizing that, Dr. Levey. My practice deals with adults, many of whom have experienced abuse as kids. I try to emphasize their ability to grow and develop also.
Dr. Cindy Juster