my son has PTSD frm phys.abuse @ an in home daycare. is it true development can be arrested at the age of the trama? He's been in therapy all along

Is he safe now?

Open-uri20121021-2644-8750er
I'm sorry to hear of what happened to your son. I'm hoping he's safe now, no longer exposed to the treatment you describe? If he's safe, loved, and also in treatment, he has every chance of healing and growing. Depending on how severe the trauma was, he could have triggers with stressful events. Is he socializing normally? Playing? Learning in school? Important to review these things.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Children's health Home daycare Injuries Injuries and wounds Child health Post traumatic stress disorder

answered:

Agree w Dr. Pappas

International_health
Everything Dr. Pappas said is exactly right. But to your original question: No, it is not true his development can be arrested. It can be very significantly impacted, but the development of a child who is growing and interacting in the world never stops.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Children Children's health Home daycare International health Child health Post traumatic stress disorder