I have RA that can be pretty bad at times, what should I look for in a good mattress?

Dr. Angus Worthing

In brief: Comfort!

Your sleep is important.
Get a matress you are comfortable sleeping on. If you are sleep deprived, your pain may be magnified and your immune system could be further weakened. Ask your doctor if your specific case of RA involves your neck which may benefit from certain types of pillows.

In brief: Comfort!

Your sleep is important.
Dr. Angus Worthing
Dr. Angus Worthing
Dr. EVAN Leibowitz
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: TEST DRIVE

There are no good studies supporting the use of one mattress over another. Just go to a store and try a few.
Also ask your friends and family what mattress they have and if they are happy with it...Then go try those.

In brief: TEST DRIVE

Dr. EVAN Leibowitz
Dr. EVAN Leibowitz
Dr. Marsha Davis