Can I still do humira (adalimumab) shots if I have had skin cancer recently?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
Humira (adalimumab) is associated with an increased incident of infections.
You must be TB test negative and a negative screening test for heapatitis. There is a small long term risk of congestive heart failure, neurological problems and rarely lymphoma. Transplant drugs , not biologics are linked to increases risk of skin cancer after 5 years of use.

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Probably
If it was a small basal cell or squamous cell there is not likely to be a problem. I certainly would avoid injection in the area involved with the cancer, however. If you are getting chemo for melanoma, i would definitely discuss with your oncologist.
In any case, ask your prescribing doctor to be sure.

In brief: Probably
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dermatology
In brief: Humira (adalimumab) skin cancer
Many patients who have had a history of skin cancer are on humira (adalimumab).
As long as you don't have new developing skin cancers, the risk of not being on Humira (adalimumab) could be worse than taking the medication. Speak to both your dermatologist and doctor/rheumatologist.

Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Ronald Shelton