What can you do for a knee swollen from arthritis?

Swollen knee. Treatment depends on what type of arthritis is causing the problem. Is this a chronic problem and are you being treated for arthritis? If not you should call your doctor for a examination to determine the cause of your swollen knee and to advise treatment. You may need a specialist for care of some types of arthritis. Rheumatologists are specialists in the treatment of arthritis. Let us know.
Joint aspiration . A joint can be swollen for a variety of reasons. The one we are most concerned about is an infection in the joint. You need an evaluation, imaging including x-ray, ultrasound or mri, joint aspiration and joint fluid analysis and culture. This will help define your future therapy.