I have lupus, painful interstitial cystitis, and lots of GI issues. Is it worth trying gluten free diet for a while though my celiac test was negative?

Absolutely. Also consider casein free (avoid cow dairy). Must go gluten free for at least 3-6 months for an adequate trial. Casein can cross react and look like gluten. Celiac testing is not accurate. Consider probiotics such as kombucha and kefir (water or goats milk). Can make both yourself at home.
No harm in trying. Other than the expense, but gluten free diet is not likely to be of use if you are not sensitive to gluten.