Why should I get tested for rheumatoid arthritis?

For remission. Don't ever assume you have this disease without being treated or evaluated . If properly diagnosed and treated early remission can occurr before crip[pling deformities. Please seek medical evaluation .
Careful. You should not have random blood tests for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) unless you have symptoms of RA because the blood tests do not make the diagnosis by themselves. The blood tests can be positive in normal individuals. On the other hand, if you have joint pain, stiffness, or swelling, it is important to have an accurate diagnosis as RA and other arthritides can be treated. Best if treated early.