If someone has Schizoaffective disorder and they once in awhile have anxiety attacks should they be on medication for that?

Get Consultation

The best treatment for this situation would probably be 1) consulting with a psychiatrist to see if medications are needed, and 2) psychotherapy. Since the symptoms of the Schizoaffective Disorder are most likely contributing to the anxiety difficulties, medicating to treat only the anxiety runs the risk of neglecting the underlying socioemotional problems.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Feeling anxious Panic attacks Psychiatry Psychotherapy Schizoaffective disorder Anxiety