can oral sex cause strep throat? Seems like every time that happens I get white little things in my throat and get rid of them with antibiotics

No

Open-uri20121020-16759-1nzasn9
Strep throat is not an STD. But other microbes can be - chlamydia and gonorrhea can be passed on this way. Both you and your consort need to be treated as people with STD - simultaneously. See your doctor.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Antibiotic Chlamydia infection Pharynx Sex Sexually transmitted diseases Strep throat Streptococcal infection Throat Caucasian

answered:

Gonorrhea?

Antibiotic
Having semen hit the back of the throat has the potential to inoculate that area with bacteria. The main one to come from the penis and produce this may be Neisseria gonorrheae (the cause of gonorrhea). Would discuss this with the doctor who is treating your sore throats, and with your sexual partner.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Antibiotic Bacteria Pharynx Semen Sex Sore Strep throat Streptococcal infection Throat Caucasian

answered:

Unlikely

Neck-throat
Strep thoat is not usually an STD. White patches in the throat are more suggestive of virus than strep. The only way to know if it's actually strep throat or not is with a step test. What does the doctor who is giving you the antibiotics say?
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Antibiotic Pharynx Sex Sexually transmitted diseases Strep throat Streptococcal infection Throat Virus Caucasian