I hurt my knee and the spain is getting worse. My foot was planted on the ground. There is swelling clicking and there was a popping sound when i did ?

Dr. Aruna Adaikkalam

In brief: Go to the ER .

You will need a x-ray to r/o a fracture.
Keep ice covered with cloth over the knee to reduce the pain and swelling till you go. As you hear a clicking sound there is a possibility of a small fracuture , lying loose in the joint cavity.Avoid weight bearing on that knee by now and get transported with somebody's help . If hospital is little far, take Motrin if you are not allergic till you reach er.

In brief: Go to the ER .

Dr. Aruna Adaikkalam
Dr. Aruna Adaikkalam

In brief: See a Dr.

Your description makes it sound like a severe injury.

In brief: See a Dr.

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine