My son is 3 months old and lactose intoleranct and he is teething , what can I give him that doesn't contain lactose?

Dr. Debi Williams
Dentistry

In brief: Cold

Cold will ease his pain.
Roll up clean wet small washcloths and place in the freezer for a few hours. Offer him the washcloth to gnaw on. This will soothe irritated gums and will clean them at the same time. Do not use orajel or any products containing Benzocaine for teething as some babies/toddlers can suffer life threatening side effects.

In brief: Cold

Cold will ease his pain.
Dr. Debi Williams
Dr. Debi Williams
Dr. Meng Syn
Dentistry

In brief: Non drug solutions

There are several other ways to treat teething pain in a 3 month old-chewing on a clean frozen washcloth can numb the area with cold.
I have even heard of mothers making popsicles out of expressed milk. Also infant's tylenol (acetaminophen) is perfectly safe for a 3 month old and do not contain lactose, gluten or tartrazine. Avoid humphrey's non lactose teething pills--fda recalled them.

In brief: Non drug solutions

Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. David Sullivan
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: Teething help

You can let your baby chew on a cold teething ring.
Some parents have found camilia really aids in teething discomfort. It is important you do not give your baby more than four doses of Acetaminophen per day. Acetaminophen really challenges the liver. Massaging the gum tissue with a soft bristle brush can also help.

In brief: Teething help

Dr. David Sullivan
Dr. David Sullivan
Dr. Cindy Juster