I'm on omeorazole and my blood work showed i had mildly low calcium and potassium. What should I do? I'm also on Benicar and toprol (metoprolol)

Dr. Jack Rubin
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Hypertension at 18?

Your main problem is not with your calcium and potassium, it is your having hypertension (h) at 18.
How long ago did you start your bpmeds? Did the physician consider a secondary cause for your h, such as a renal artery stenosis or conn's syndrome? I suggest you go to your physician (p) and ask the p to consider other causes for your h. It one is found, and treated, you may not need hbp meds.

In brief: Hypertension at 18?

Dr. Jesus Yap
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Stop Omeprazole

Stop Omeprazole and recheck your blood test.
Continue Benicar and toprol (metoprolol).

In brief: Stop Omeprazole

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine