I have to have hernia surgery on oct 31st. I think my tooth is abcesed.Its killing me. I have antibiotics. Is it ok to take them?

Dr. Peter Karsant
Dentistry

In brief: Yes BUT

It only buys time and you need to take them for the appropriate amount of time.
A better idea is to see your dentist and have the tooth opened and cleaned which will start the healing process and if you are on antibiotics an endodontist can usually do the rct in one visit so you are done before the other surgery.

In brief: Yes BUT

Dr. Peter Karsant
Dr. Peter Karsant

In brief: Yes you should

First your tooth abscess has to be treated, by antibiotics and drainage , if hernia is repaired with graft, it could get infected, due to any blood stream infection.
Set in.

In brief: Yes you should

Set in.
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery