Why could my hands and feet be incredibly purple?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry
In brief: If you are in
Cold weather - this does happen to people with raynauds.
Anytime, something is described as "intense" or excessive" - pays to have it checked out though.

In brief: If you are in
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. John Goldman
This could be acrocyanosis. I look for a history of white fingers and toes to diagnose Raynaud's. Your evaluaion will include looking for these issues.
Dr. K. Olson
In brief: Raynaud's
Although there are many potential causes, one in particular that is more common is raynaud's.
If the symptoms typically worsen with contact with cold weather or with touching objects that are cold - it could be. It is not unusual for the fingers and toes to blanch white then purple. Prior hypothermia of the extremities, certain medications, and positive family history make diagnosis likely.

In brief: Raynaud's
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. Adam Smith