Will I need to terminate my pregnancy if I was drinking before I found out I was pregnant?

Dr. Megan Bird
In brief: No
The biggest concern with alcohol in early pregnancy is fetal alcohol syndrome.
We are not sure how much alcohol is needed to cause this but it doesn't always happen just because you a some drinks before you knew. You should talk to your doctor if you have concerns but the odds are in your favor.

In brief: No
Dr. Megan Bird
Dr. Megan Bird
In brief: No
Fetal alcohol effect reflects a dose related intensity of findings.
The original FAS description from france in the 50's came from alcoholics, many of whom died of alcohol related pbs within a year of giving birth.Although no level of alcohol can be considered totally safe, moms have been in your position & had normal outcome.Continued use later in pregnancy likely causes the most long term damage.

In brief: No
Dr. Shontae Buffington