I'm taking atacand (candesartan) plus for raynaud desease, does it really help?

Dr. Steven Rosner
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
Atacand (candesartan) is a blood vessel dilator which acts by blocking an enzyme called angiotensin ii.
However, calcium channel blocker drugs (nifedipine) are generally tried first. In some cases they are used together.

Dr. Steven Rosner
Dr. Steven Rosner
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care
In brief: Atacand (candesartan) as treatment
Raynaud's disease is due to spasm of the muscles lining the blood vessels in response to temperature extremes.
Atacand (candesartan) and similar medicines have affects that may benefit the disease. My own preference is Pletal (cilostazol) which is a potent expander of blood vessels. Ask your dr. About this one.

Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Steven Seres