I've had high liver enzymes for years which keeps me from using medication for psoriatic arthritis, what else can I do?

Dr. Karen Han
Dermatology
In brief: Biologics
With high liver enzymes, you will not be able to take some oral medications that we use for psoriatic arthritis.
If your symptoms are severe and demonstrate functional difficulties, your doctor may recommend one of the biologics such as Enbrel (etanercept) or humira. These medications also have significant other side effects that your doctor will review with you. These are not appropriate for everyone.

In brief: Biologics
Dr. Karen Han
Dr. Karen Han
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Psoriasis and Liver
Is there a diagnosis that you have which is causing the elevated liver enzymes? If so or even if not, you might want to see a gastroenterologist who manages liver issues to coordinate care with your dermatologist or rheumatologist to treat the psoriatic arthritis.

In brief: Psoriasis and Liver
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Vicken Poochikian