Is it safe to eat honey while pregnant?

Dr. Patrick Weix
I'm guessing the concern here is over the recommendation not to feed honey to infants less than one year of age.
Infants in their first year can have their intestines colonized by the bacteria that produces botulism toxin. Honey can contain these bacterial spores, but does not contain the toxin, so it will not harm you or your fetus if you ingest it.

Dr. Patrick Weix
Dr. Patrick Weix
Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
Pediatrics - Cardiology
In brief: Yes but...
Honey should be safe.
I recommend to avoid eating anything unpasteurized because those items can carry disease-causing organisms. Most honey bought in supermarkets/"off the shelf" is pasteurized. But be cautious with honey purchased at local markets. Check the label/ask the producer to make sure that it is pasteurized.

In brief: Yes but...
Honey should be safe.
Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
Dr. Jane Van Dis