In order for me to be diagnosed for polymyalgia rheumatica, do I need to see a rheumatologist?

No. Depending on their training and experience, many doctors, especially primary care doctors, are perfectly qualified to diagnose and manage polymyalgia rheumatica.
Not necessarily. An internist or family practitioner can diagnose polymyalgia rheumatica in the setting of typical symptoms, elevated sedimentation rate, and dramatic response to moderate doses of steroids. However, if you are 36 years old as your profile states, pmr is virtually impossible as it almost exclusively occurs in people in their 60's or older.