How do I overcome my phobia of swallowing tablets?

Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology
In brief: CBT
Seek a cognitive-behavioral therapist who specializes in phobias.
One method they use is systematic desensitization which slowly and incrementally brings the person closer and closer to the thing they are afraid of in slow, graduated steps that help make the anxiety more tolerable.

In brief: CBT
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
In brief: I know a few tricks
There are a few tricks to swallowing pills: 1) try to practice with small candies, like m&m's or tic-tacs, 2) always take pills with a drink or water. Trying something sweet like orange juice can increase saliva and help you swallow.
3) you have no taste buds under your tongue, so if you place a bitter pill under your tongue and then swallow it with water or juice, you won't taste the pill at all.

In brief: I know a few tricks
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Pierre Moeser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: See a Psychologist
A true phobia such as this usually requires professional help.
Realize that you are not "crazy." you are just looking for help to overcome an annoying restriction on your life.

In brief: See a Psychologist
Dr. Pierre Moeser
Dr. Pierre Moeser