I'm taking methotrexate & I get headaches. When is the best time to take Excedrin without doing harm to my health?

Dr. Eric Hastriter
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Excedrin

Never take excedrin.
It has caffeine in it and will dehydrate you. Aleve (naproxen) would be a better choice for you.

In brief: Excedrin

Never take excedrin.
Dr. Eric Hastriter
Dr. Eric Hastriter
Dr. Philip Rosenblum

In brief: Different problem

Let me start off by stating that the headaches and Methotrexate are two separate issues.
My advice is that if you are taking excedrin often enough to worry about it interacting with other medications, then you're taking it too often. You need to see your doctor about getting your headaches treated because you're having too many headaches.

In brief: Different problem

Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Steven Seres