Is marfan's syndrome asociated with a shortened life span?

Yes. Marfan's syndrome patients die from complications of aortic valve widening. If this is treated with inderal, (propranolol) progression is slower and patients live longer. In addition, if heart valve surgey is performed electivelly patients live longer. Untrated patients have a life span of 32 years.
It depends . Patients with unrecognized marfan syndrome or patients with known marfan syndrome who do not receive appropriate medical care can have a shortened life span. The most typical threat to long life is aortic dissection and rupture. If appropriate surveillance for development of aortic aneurysm is performed, though, followed by heart surgery with significant aneurysm, lifespan can be long.