Is it possible for marfan's syndrome to be detected prenatally?

Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
Pediatrics - Cardiology
In brief: Not Likely
The diagnosis depends on specific physical criteria (ghent criteria).
I am not abreast of the most recent genetic diagnostic tests, but i can quite confidently say that not all (and in fact, i don't believe any) cases of marfan can be detected prenatally. Please discuss this with your OB for further information.

In brief: Not Likely
Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
Dr. Sarosh Batlivala
A special genetic test can compare the genes of a fetus (obtained by chorionic villus sampling) with the known gene defect of the marfan syndrome parent (by previously testing the parent) to see if the fetus has the same type of defect as the diseased parent.