Can I take Xanax (alprazolam) after 7.5mg of zolpidem when I can't sleep?

Not so good an idea. Sleep is important, and i understand wanting help for this. But it's really important to get a good evaluation and diagnosis of your sleep problem before medicating it. For instance, depression can cause sleep difficulties, and so can anxiety disorders. If these aren't treated, you'll end up chasing your tail with habituating meds like xanax (alprazolam) & ambien, optimizing neither. A psychiatrist can help.
How much xanax (alprazolam)? Might b okay to take a small amt but might accomplish more by increasing zolpidem and/or trying another sedative.
You are very young. Don't get habituated to meds like Ambien and xanax (alprazolam) . Have you been diagnosed with anything like anxiety, depression, panic disorder, ptsd. You can take xanax (alprazolam) if you don't get enough sleep after ambien. But get opinion from your psychiatrist if he/she will consider introducing any antidepressant as simply ambien/xanax (alprazolam) may not be enough. Oversedation is to avoided if you are non a high stren. Of xana.