I was diagnosed with IgM nephropathy 2 yrs ago, can I cure it?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: It depends on type
There are diffuse deposits of IgM seen under the microscope on the kidney biopsy.
Some people can do very well while others have a problem with maintaining their renal function. Corticosteroids are used and some respond better than others. Discussion with your nephrologist can give you better information about you type of IgM nephropathy. Often long term therapy is necessary.

In brief: It depends on type
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Cure??
Are you seeing a nephrologist? A cure is unlikely but there are medications and diets that can decrease the progression of this disease.

In brief: Cure??
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Peter Kurzweil