What is best for lower back pain Advil or tylenol (acetaminophen)?

Both are good and . Can be used together. If you have any stomach issues, tylenol (acetaminophen) will be the better choice although advil offers an anti inflammatory effect & pain relieving effect while tylenol (acetaminophen) only works as pain reliever. Also, with any kidney disease or if you are on blood thinners, tylenol (acetaminophen) is your choice of medication. If you have liver disease, you may not be able to use either. Then check with your pcp.