What should I expect from physical therapy?

Dr. Michael Bolesta
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Depends!

It depends on what your doctor ordered.
I generally prescribe an exercise program to stretch and strengthen the back (the therapist instructs you in this), plus general fitness (aerobic exercise). The therapist may use other techniques, but in the end you should be able to do the exercise program on your own.

In brief: Depends!

It depends on what your doctor ordered.
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: A through evaluation

And directed exercise program to regain function in the affected region with recommendations for a home exercise program & modalities like ultrasound to help with symptoms during the rehabilitaion.
It is important that you convey any issues you are experiencing with your therapist so modifications can be made in your treatment plan. It is similar to having your own personal trainer.

In brief: A through evaluation

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling