Should I be concerned if I consumed alcohol before I knew I was pregnant?

Dr. Casey Younkin
In brief: Probably not
Habitual, or alcoholic, drinking during pregnancy can lead to fetal alcohol syndrome which causes major problems for the newborn.
Just one or two drinks will not cause this, but you should not drink alcohol if you are pregnant, just to be safe.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Casey Younkin
Dr. Casey Younkin
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Generally no
Depends to some extent on how much alcohol you were consuming, but normal social consumption of alcohol (as opposed to more than 5 drink binges) really has pretty minimal (but not zero) effects on the fetus.
Ultrasound and other evaluations may be able to clarify if a problem exists. Talk to your OB or other provider, and avoid alcohol (and smoking!) for the rest of the pregnancy.

In brief: Generally no
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham