What does it mean to have congenital spinal stenosis?

Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Small spinal canal

The size of spinal canal varies person to person born with a small spinal canal I use this term when i see liitle room for nerves but no obvious single impinging structure also called short pedicle syndrome very arbitrary.

In brief: Small spinal canal

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: A small spine canal

One was born with a small spinal canal that by imaging definitions fits the criteria to be diagnosed as spinal stenosis.
It means that as you age, you have a higher risk of developing spinal stenosis symptoms and at a younger age and if you develop a disc herniation, it does not have to be too big to create symptoms since there is less room for the nerves to be pushed about.

In brief: A small spine canal

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Shontae Buffington