Is lumbar spinal stenosis curable?

Surgery. Spinal stenosis is the condition where the canal which the nerves and spinal cord travels gets narrow. This can be congenital or progressive due to arthritis. Rare causes for stenosis are infection and tumor. To cure it you need surgery. But if you have stenosis due to arthritis it can be treated with medications, therapy and injections. If those don't work, surgery may be the best option.
Somewhat. There are a multitude of treatments for spinal stenosis which to some extent can "cure" the symptoms of spinal stenosis to variable degrees. For example, an epidural steroid injection can sometimes cure the symptoms of spinal stenosis for a long time, sometimes well over a year at a time. But with any treatment, the symptoms can return, even if surgery is done symptoms can return.
Yes. Lumbar spinal stenosis is a common problem especially for those older than 50. It can be managed conservatively in many patients for years. If surgery becomes necessary, it can be planned on an elective basis. Check out spine-health. Com.
Yes. It can be treated surgically but can recur over time do to ongoing degenerative changes after about 5 years from surgery in some patients. Most are treated non op and do well with exercise, medication or epidural injections and about 15% improve on their own over time.