Is walking a good form of exercise for people with spinal stenosis?

Depends. Walking may increase spinal stenosis symptoms because the spine tends to be in a more extended position with walking. If walking causes symptoms, patients may consider biking, where the spine is more flexed.
Yes . It can be if your symptoms allow for it. You may need to walk uphill or on a treadmill that adjusts for an incline as this causes you to lean a little forward which will open up your lower back spinal canal to a degree.
Yes. Yes, it is ok to walk and try to stay as active as possible. That being said, walking does tend to aggravate the symptoms of spinal stenosis to variable degrees.