My sister has been diagnosed with congenital spinal stenosis. What is the likelihood that I also have it?

Dr. Michael Bolesta
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Possible
The condition runs in families, but doe not follow simple mendelian genetics (what you may have learned in high school biology).
The size of the canal or channel containing the spinal cord and nerves does vary from person to person. The smaller it is, the more likely a person is to have problems during life. Seek assessment if you have arm or leg numbness, tingling, weakness; or unsteady walking.

In brief: Possible
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Ernie Ordonez
Bariatrics
In brief: You won't
You won't get it unless you think and thrive on this thought of getting or having it.

In brief: You won't
Dr. Ernie Ordonez
Dr. Ernie Ordonez