What can be the side effects of prostate cancer treatment?

Depends. 1. Confined to prostate - options include surgery, radiation, and radiation seeds/similar. 2. Prostate cancer spread - Lupron (leuprolide) injections, casodex, taxotere are usually initial treatments. Side effects of all these treatments varies. I would suggest a conversation with your oncologist or urologist regarding the recommended treatment and options.
RT side effects. The main short term side effects from external radiotherapy to the prostate are bladder inflammation, diarrhea, sore skin in the genital area andloss of pubic hair long term side effects include: inflammation of the rectal passage (proctitis) and bleeding., frequent, loose bowel movements, problems passing urine erection problems (impotence) and risk of hip fractures.