Can you tell me what is the recovery time from spinal cord stimulator implant?

Dr. Marshall Bedder
Pain Management

In brief: Approx. 6 weeks

Any surgery results in skin and muscle being incised to get to whatever target is being treated.
The human body takes about 6 weeks to repair and regenerate these tissues back to about as full strength as they will be. The actual surgery for a SCS implant involves a small incision near the spine to insert the needle to thread the leads and anchor them, and a separate incision for the generator.

In brief: Approx. 6 weeks

Dr. Marshall Bedder
Dr. Marshall Bedder
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Generally about 5-6 weeks.
Dr. Paul Slosar
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Variable

It can range from weeks to months depending on the complexity of the surgery for implant and the skill of the surgeon.

In brief: Variable

Dr. Paul Slosar
Dr. Paul Slosar
Dr. David Rosenfeld
My typical patient is able to return to their usual activity in a matter of several weeks
Dr. William Newton
Pain Management

In brief: Few days to weeks

Normally patients will be sore for the first week if the underwent a percutaneous implant as compared to a paddle implant.
Paddle implants require some bone removal and are more invasive. These will require a longer recovery and may be more painful. After about a month i release my patients to become more active as tolerated. I have had patients return to sedentary jobs in as early as one week.

In brief: Few days to weeks

Dr. William Newton
Dr. William Newton
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Neurosurgery

In brief: 6 weeks

It takes about six weeks to completely recover.

In brief: 6 weeks

Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Eric Weisman