Is 37 yrs old too young for a facelift?

Dr. David Sherris
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Depends
It depends on your aging, skin, facial volume, desires and expectations.
See a facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

In brief: Depends
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. Taylor Pollei
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Probably
It is really more about your anatomy and the aging process, but 37 is EXTREMELY young.
Unlikely that there is a surgeon that would operate on you at that age, but more importantly would be to set up a consultation to discuss your concerns. I am sure that you will get more good information from a face to face surgeon consult. Good luck.

In brief: Probably
Dr. Taylor Pollei
Dr. Taylor Pollei
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Maybe seeking "Liquid FaceLift" or a surgical mini FaceLift????
Dr. Nima Shemirani
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Facelift
Dear poohtony, it is tough to say without an exam. In general, people in your age group may benefit from a mini lift to tighten the jawline.
A consultation would help answer your question more specifically. Best, nima shemirani.

In brief: Facelift
Dr. Nima Shemirani
Dr. Nima Shemirani
Dr. Larry Nichter
Cosmetic Surgery
In brief: Age for Facelift
If you have sagging skin in the jowl area, neck and jawline than you are probably a candidate for a mini or traditional facelift depending on your exam

In brief: Age for Facelift
Dr. Larry Nichter
Dr. Larry Nichter
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Age for facelift
There is no set age for a facelift.
It all depends on your anatomy, how you have aged and what your surgical goals are. Have your face evaluated by a board certified surgeon with expertise in facial rejuvenation to learn the best options for you.

In brief: Age for facelift
There is no set age for a facelift.
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Not a matter of age
indication is more dependent on the anatomy and skin quality of the patient and not on her age.
you can be young , smoker or have lost a significant amount of weight and have jowls. Some ladies in their 60's have good skin tone, and no jowls or skin laxity.

In brief: Not a matter of age
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Might consider the "Silhouette Lift for mid face recent FDA approved. Has been CE approve in Europe since 2009 over 40,000+++ cases done in 55 countries.
Dr. Michael Kulick
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: 37 y/o facelift ??
Yes for most this would be too young.
However, I had to perform a revision facelift for someone our age. Look at this for more information - http://www.drkulick.com/before-after-gallery-san-francisco/laser-assisted-vertical-facelift/0035/

In brief: 37 y/o facelift ??
Yes for most this would be too young.
Dr. Michael Kulick
Dr. Michael Kulick
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Maybe
If you have some earlier-than-usual changes of facial aging, it might be appropriate.
But, it is an earlier age than most people typically have it. I think my youngest facelift patient was 40.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Rian Maercks
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: No
Numerical age has a lot less to do with this decision than physical findings.
The youngest facelift patient I have treated was 38 with a very square face, heavy jowls and neck.

In brief: No
Dr. Rian Maercks
Dr. Rian Maercks
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: It's not about age
37 is very young for a lift.
For almost all of the patients in your age range, facial volumizing using sculptra, fat transfer or other fillers will rejuvenate your face. These techniques have less downtime than a traditional facelift. If you have substantial laxity, an ultherapy treatment will give you some lifting and tightening. Seek consultation w/ a qualified facial plastic surgeon.

In brief: It's not about age
37 is very young for a lift.
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Maybe but depends
In general, this is a very young age to perform a facelift, yet on occasion I have performed this on a 35 year old who experienced massive weight loss and facial volume loss.
In general, i would now approach this with fillers and save a face lift for later in life.

In brief: Maybe but depends
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Gustavo Diaz
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Depends
If you have jowls, skin excess, and/or cheeks that are descending; then you might be a candidate.
I would recommend an in person consultation with a Facial Plastic Specialist.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Gustavo Diaz
Dr. Gustavo Diaz
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Consider a "Liquid FaceLift" or the Silhouette Lifts. Vs a mini FL.
Dr. Brian Maloney
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Age for Lift
I have performed many facelifts on patients in their late 30's.
It all comes down to genetics. Some people look much older than their stated age. Sun and cigarette smoking can accelerate the aging process too. I have seen some 50 year old who do not need a lift. Fillers or Kybella can buy some time for some younger patients. Facial liposuction with or without thermi RF are alt procedures .

In brief: Age for Lift
Dr. Brian Maloney
Dr. Brian Maloney
Dr. Keimun Slaughter
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Not necessarily
Lifts are performed at various ages though older individuals make up the greatest cohort.
Your particular needs may be ideally addressed with a lift despite your age. I would recommend a consultation to discuss your concerns and options.

In brief: Not necessarily
Dr. Keimun Slaughter
Dr. Keimun Slaughter
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Depends on the reason and the goal. Also depends on how rich you are.
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery
In brief: Not if your tissues
are physiologically aged beyond what is typical for that age.
Also, the answer depends a bit on precisely what your concern is, e.g. "chipmunk cheeks," a brow that's always been low, deep smokers lines, nasolabial folds that are hereditary, jaw disharmony, etc, etc.

In brief: Not if your tissues
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Depends
Depends on the situation.
Some people age faster than others, due to genetics, sun damage, other factors. Best option to see a facial plastic surgeon for consultation.

In brief: Depends
Depends on the situation.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Minas Constantinides
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Young Facelift
Since your profile says you are 48, but you are asking about 37, either you had one then and wonder if it was a good idea, or you are asking about a friend.
If it was you, then remember that you continue to age after surgery so by now most of the improvements you saw may be gone. If you are asking about a friend, then the only way to know what is best is to refer her to a facial plastic surgeon.

In brief: Young Facelift
Dr. Minas Constantinides
Dr. Minas Constantinides
Dr. Joseph Campanelli
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Probably
Most aging issues in your 30's can be addressed with less invasive procedures than a facelift.
My experience is that there is usually one predominate concern that needs to be corrected rather a multiple issues. Try and determine what that one concern is: lower eye bags, droopy brow, fullness in neck, etc and seek out a plastic surgeon about that concern.

In brief: Probably
Dr. Joseph Campanelli
Dr. Joseph Campanelli
Dr. James Shire
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: It's not the age.
Facelifts can and are preformed at all ages.
Whether it should be done or if it is the correct treatment for ones' problems, is a individual decision with a reputable facial plastic surgeon.

In brief: It's not the age.
Dr. James Shire
Dr. James Shire