How can I get rid of athlete's foot?

In brief: Ddffgghh

If the condition can not be resolved with topical medications one can utilize oral medication and if this is truly a fungal infection it should resolve within a month or 2.
It will need to be prescribed by your physician.

In brief: Ddffgghh

Dr. Steven Skorman
Dr. Steven Skorman

In brief: Treat and prevent

In addition to using over the counter treatments like creams and sprays, you want to make sure you create an environment that fungus will not want to come back to. This includes keeping your feet dry and disinfecting your shoes. Also, keep in mind, fungus is everywhere. Any disruption in the skin can attract the fungus - avoid too dry skin too.

In brief: Treat and prevent

Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
Dr. Grace Torres-hodges

In brief: To start with...

The best otc medication (in my opinion) is lotrimin (clotrimazole) ultra.
Socks should be a synthetic material (i know i'll take heat for this) like those manufactured by thorlo [http://www.Thorlo.Com/]. Dilute vinegar soaks are good as well. Dry the inside of your shoes by placing them up-side down over an air return vent at home overnight. If this doesn't make things better in a couple days, see a podiatrist.

In brief: To start with...

Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. David Hettinger