How to prevent ingrown nails?

Cut nails . Straight across, and don't off corners.
Nail care. Ingrown nail could develop due genetics or due to tight shoes, trauma, fungal toenail infections, and incorrect cutting of the nails. One should always try to cut the nails strait across to avoid leaving an embedded nail spicule. If you develop pain or redness get it looked at by a professional.
I agree with. Dr. Kass, but i also know too many people who cut their nails any old way, even bite them off, and they never get ingrown nails. Likewise, i also know people who cut them straight across and not short and they are always getting them. And there is no ingrown toenail research society to get to the bottom of this ("jerry's toes"). I think some folks just get them because god loves them (or dpm's).