When should I get an HIV test while pregnant?

At first visit. The HIV (aids) test should be done as a routine test with the blood that is drawn at the first prenatal visit.
Right now! Assuming you are pregnant and haven't been tested yet. If anything, couples attempting to have a child should consider testing prior to such an attempt. The HIV screening test used in many places are more accurate prior to pregnancy (when a "false positive" antibody test can occur). With earlier detection, initiation of anti-retroviral therapy will prevent infant infection.
As soon as possible. Every woman should always get an HIV test when she is found to be pregnant. Hiv medications can be started to treat the infection such that the risk of transmission of HIV to the baby is significantly reduced.
HIV Testing. The first HIV (aids) test should be done at the 1st visit you have bloodwork drawn, but if you are concerned at any time that you may have contracted hiv, you can request a lab test at that time. When pregnant if you have any risk of being exposed to hiv, its critically important that you tell your physician and get tested as soon as possible.