How long willit take to recover from a septoplasty and turbinate reduction?

Dr. Juris Bunkis
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Not long

Depends on how perfect you want to be when you return to work.
Most people who have just a septum/turbinate procedure can return to work 3 days later - but it will take six months for everything to heal completely and the airway to be at it's best.

In brief: Not long

Dr. Juris Bunkis
Dr. Juris Bunkis
Dr. Michael Koriwchak
I tell my patients to expect a very stuffy nose for a week until their post op visit when I remove the splints and packing from the nose. How long they stay out of work depends on their occupation.
Dr. Suzanne Galli
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Recovery

You need about a week off.
Be sure to have your nose evaluated by a board certified otolaryngologist.

In brief: Recovery

You need about a week off.
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Houtan Chaboki
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Days/weeks

Septoplasty, surgery for a deviated septum, and turbinate reduction can help improve nasal breathing, congestion, or snoring for appropriate patients.
The initial healing is relatively quick, with patients commonly back to work within a few days. Patients are still healing after this period, but have more or less returned to daily function.

In brief: Days/weeks

Dr. Houtan Chaboki
Dr. Houtan Chaboki
Dr. Marsha Davis