What exercises are safe for me after scoliosis surgery?

Dr. Keith Baldwin
Orthopedic Surgery - Pediatric
In brief: Surgeon dependant
Depends on your surgeon and how far post op you are.
I would ask your surgeon. If you are more than 6 months post surgery, most patients are fused, and so many surgeons will allow full activity. Again, this is surgeon dependant. Your surgeon knows your back the best.

In brief: Surgeon dependant
Dr. Keith Baldwin
Dr. Keith Baldwin
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: Depends
Exercise or activity after surgery is generally recommended to aid healing and speed the return to normalcy.
However, specific types of exercise will depend on the type of surgery performed, the technique used, the type of incision, and extensiveness of the surgery, and many other factors. Only your surgeon can make the specific recommendation of the type, duration and intensity of your exercise.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine