I have had heavy bleeding for 4 weeks now as well as large blood clots. Why?

Discuss with doctor. There are lots of treatment options you can discuss with your doctor. Lysteda is a nonhormone medication designed for heavy periods. Some benefit from birth control pills, patch or nuvaring. Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud can stop your period in some cases. Consider an endometrial ablation such as genesys hta if you are done having children. These can be done in the safely and comfortably in the office.