How do I lose 20lbs when I have sciatica?

Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Pain Management

In brief: Viscious Cycle

You need to treat the pain to feel better so you can exercise.
There can be several reasons for "sciatica" or pain down the leg. Lumbar disc inflammation with or without nerve impingment, facet joint irritation, sacroiliac joint irritation, piriformis syndrome. A thorough physical exam and diagnostic studies will help determine what will be best to get you feeling better based on your diagnosis.

In brief: Viscious Cycle

Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Diet & Pool Therapy

Diet is the key to losing weight.
If you need I would suggest getting in touch with a good dietician to get a plan. Also pool therapy can help with exercise while keeping pressure off your spine.

In brief: Diet & Pool Therapy

Diet is the key to losing weight.
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Dieting

Most recent studies have shown that weight loss is not really a factor of exercise but related to the amount of calories taken in.
A very extensive study was published this year looking at hunter-gathers in africa and comparing their diet and activity to a typical western sedentary person and the metabolic or caloric needs were the same. So what you put in your mouth and how much is what counts.

In brief: Dieting

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling