How do I reduce my sciatica pain without surgery?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management
In brief: Spine Pain Options
This chronic pain in the distribution as you suggested is the result of an irritated nerve or facet joints or other injury typically in the lumbar spine (low back) which are caused by herniated disks, spinal stenosis or degenerative disc disease, etc requiring further evaluation by a spine specialist and may be candidate for facet injections/radiofrequency ablation and epidural steroid injection.

In brief: Spine Pain Options
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Paul Gause
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Meds and exercise
Medications such as antiinflammatories and certain anti-seizure medications can help diminish sciatica symptoms.
Physical therapy exercises for flexibility and core strength can also help. I would avoid using narcotic type pain medications, though.

In brief: Meds and exercise
Dr. Paul Gause
Dr. Paul Gause
Dr. Norman Marcus
Pain Management
In brief: Time/Exercise
True sciatic pain radiates from your low back/buttock down into your toes.
If it doesn't go all the way down it is not true sciatica. ~80% of americans will get low back pain (lbp); most often it will be gone by one month. Serious signs are weakness and loss of sphincter control, suggesting the need for surgery. Persistent lbp frequently responds to exercise but choose your exercise carefully.

In brief: Time/Exercise
Dr. Norman Marcus
Dr. Norman Marcus
Dr. Vikram Patel