What are common exercises to combat sciatica?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Core Exercises

Typically core strengthening exercises are the best to help relieve pressure and forces in the spine.
I would try and google some or look them up on youtube to see descriptions. If you can do them yourself, wonderful otherwise ask your doctor to get a referral to a good physical therapist for further assistance.

In brief: Core Exercises

Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Superman, Part II

More info on my healthguides page.

In brief: Superman, Part II

More info on my healthguides page.
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: "Superman!"

As one who has a bulging disc (and no surgery), back strengthening exercises are very important to help stabilize the back.
I recommend the "superman" exercise: lying on your stomach, stretch your arms out like you're flying through the air like superman. For 5 seconds, raise your right arm and shoulder, and left leg and hip off the floor, then repeat on the other side. Do this 12x on each side.

In brief: "Superman!"

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng