What kind of stretches can I do to stretch out my sciatica nerve in the morning?

Dr. Will Moorehead
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Get correct DX

You should see your pcp to establish the cause of your problem. Until then try dry/wet heat to the lower back, mackenzie exercises, and nsaids such as aleve, advil or tylenol (acetaminophen).

In brief: Get correct DX

Dr. Will Moorehead
Dr. Will Moorehead
Dr. Chintan Sampat
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Core conditioning

You can perform all kinds of stretches for the core muscles as well as as the extremities.
Sciatica is typically made worse with deep bending of the lumbar spine or flexion of the hips (bringing your knees up towards your head). Do these exercises slowly and you should improve your sciatica slowly. Avoid exercises that make any numbness or tingling worse.

In brief: Core conditioning

Dr. Chintan Sampat
Dr. Chintan Sampat
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Core Exercises

Typically core strengthening exercises are the best to help relieve pressure and forces in the spine.
I would try and google some or look them up on youtube to see descriptions. If you can do them yourself, wonderful otherwise ask your doctor to get a referral to a good physical therapist for further assistance.

In brief: Core Exercises

Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan