Should I be concerned for my baby's welfare if I am rhesus negative?

In brief: Not so much

This was a problem for moms 3-4 decades ago but advances in pregnancy surveillance & treatment has almost eliminated this issue as a problem.With a typical rh+ spouse, you may have a baby that is rh+, but unless your body was sensitized to rh+ thru a prior pregnancy or faulty transfusion, things should be pretty normal.
Often you get a shot during pregnancy& after delivery to prevent problems.

In brief: Not so much

Dr. Sheila Goodman

In brief: No

If you are rh negative, you should get a shot of Rhogam if you have bleeding during pregnancy, at 28 weeks and after birth if your baby is rh+.
During pregnancy, some of the baby's blood passes to the mother. If the baby is +, the mom develops antibodies to rh. They won't affect the current baby but can attack the red blood cells with the next baby if it is rh+. That can cause stillbirth.

In brief: No

Dr. Sheila Goodman
Dr. Sheila Goodman
Dr. Jonathan Jassey