How do I stop the sharp pain from my sciatic nerve?

Dr. Karen Sibert
Anesthesiology
In brief: What's the cause?
Treatment of your sciatic nerve pain would depend on the cause.
You may need imaging studies or other tests to determine the source of the pain. It could be a slipped disc (common) or there are other less common causes. Once your doctor has figured out the cause, treatment recommendations may be made, such as epidural steroids, physical therapy or even surgery.

In brief: What's the cause?
Dr. Karen Sibert
Dr. Karen Sibert
David Miller
In brief: Diagnose and treat
Sciatic pain is often very treatable with osteopathic manipulation, without the need for drug or surgery.
However, as with any disease process, an accurate diagnosis must be made before the proper treatment can be applied. You might look for a local do who treats low back pain with omm and see what they can do for you.

In brief: Diagnose and treat
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Vikram Patel