How can I alleviate sciatic nerve pain down the leg?

Core Exercises. Typically core strengthening exercises are the best to help relieve pressure and forces in the spine. I would try and google some or look them up on youtube to see descriptions. If you can do them yourself, wonderful otherwise ask your doctor to get a referral to a good physical therapist for further assistance.
Pcp//mri. See pcp get a MRI find the nerve pinch l5o r s1 try an injection if it works but doesn' last see a surgeon and relieve the pressure 93% sucessrate 2% complication rate for leg pain, back pain different story.
Relieve pressure. A back problem that includes leg pain should be evaluated by a primary care doctor, who can then refer the patient to a physical therapist, orthopedic doctor (regular or back specialist), pm&r doctor (physical medicine & rehabilitation), and/or neurosurgery doctor. The leg pain can be due to pressure on nerves coming out of the spine, so various treatments aim to take the pressure off the nerves.