How can I alleviate sciatic nerve pain down the leg?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management
In brief: Core Exercises
Typically core strengthening exercises are the best to help relieve pressure and forces in the spine.
I would try and google some or look them up on youtube to see descriptions. If you can do them yourself, wonderful otherwise ask your doctor to get a referral to a good physical therapist for further assistance.

In brief: Core Exercises
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Pcp//mri
See pcp get a MRI find the nerve pinch l5o r s1 try an injection if it works but doesn' last see a surgeon and relieve the pressure 93% sucessrate 2% complication rate for leg pain, back pain different story.

In brief: Pcp//mri
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
In brief: Relieve pressure
A back problem that includes leg pain should be evaluated by a primary care doctor, who can then refer the patient to a physical therapist, orthopedic doctor (regular or back specialist), pm&r doctor (physical medicine & rehabilitation), and/or neurosurgery doctor. The leg pain can be due to pressure on nerves coming out of the spine, so various treatments aim to take the pressure off the nerves.

In brief: Relieve pressure
Dr. Bettina Herbert
Once you know the cause, consider working with an osteopathic physician to improve any misalignment of legs, pelvis or spine that might be contributing (AAO, Cranial Academy online). Anti-inflammatory diet (find online) and herbs (eg, turmeric, ginger, etc) may help without significant side effects. Meditation helpful.These approaches take longer to work but are better for overall health long term
Dr. Vikram Patel