Can you give me some helpful ideas for sciatic nerve pain?

Core Exercises. Typically core strengthening exercises are the best to help relieve pressure and forces in the spine. I would try and google some or look them up on youtube to see descriptions. If you can do them yourself, wonderful otherwise ask your doctor to get a referral to a good physical therapist for further assistance.
Yes -here are some. You can modify your activities to minimize symptoms, take medication like ibuprophen or Naproxen if no contraindications, give it time as most get better, guided exercise/physical therapy, consider epidural steroid injections and modify your lifestyle in terms of weight control, avoiding smoking and exercising regularly to minimize the chance of recurrent problems.
Several. Anti-infammatory meds (nsaids) always w/ food to protect your stomach. Better yet get to reason for sciatica - trauma, posture, misalignment of body. Osteopathic physician who does manipulation or chiropractor may help. Physical therapy to strengthen you in better alignment. Anti-infl herbs include turmeric, ginger, rosemary & more. Find anti-infl diet online - try herbal zyflamend.