Can you give me some helpful ideas for sciatic nerve pain?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management
In brief: Core Exercises
Typically core strengthening exercises are the best to help relieve pressure and forces in the spine.
I would try and google some or look them up on youtube to see descriptions. If you can do them yourself, wonderful otherwise ask your doctor to get a referral to a good physical therapist for further assistance.

In brief: Core Exercises
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Yes -here are some
You can modify your activities to minimize symptoms, take medication like ibuprophen or Naproxen if no contraindications, give it time as most get better, guided exercise/physical therapy, consider epidural steroid injections and modify your lifestyle in terms of weight control, avoiding smoking and exercising regularly to minimize the chance of recurrent problems.

In brief: Yes -here are some
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Bettina Herbert
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Several
Anti-infammatory meds (nsaids) always w/ food to protect your stomach.
Better yet get to reason for sciatica - trauma, posture, misalignment of body. Osteopathic physician who does manipulation or chiropractor may help. Physical therapy to strengthen you in better alignment. Anti-infl herbs include turmeric, ginger, rosemary & more. Find anti-infl diet online - try herbal zyflamend.

In brief: Several
Dr. Bettina Herbert
Dr. Bettina Herbert
Dr. Vikram Patel