What is the most recommended mattress for a l5-s1 post-op herniation?

Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Comfortable

There really is no specific mattress recommendations that i tell patients.
My post-op patients do prefer mattresses that are firm, since it aids in mobilization in and out of bed. It may be a good time to look at a new mattress....Many patients have old mattresses that have lost support over the years of usage.

In brief: Comfortable

Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: A good one that

No one tells you it is the best.
Nor is it the most expensive. One type is not better than another in any scientific study. Any moderately firm mattress should do. However, mattresses can wear out but you can extend their life by rotating them periodically.

In brief: A good one that

No one tells you it is the best.
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Jonathan Hyde
I recommend going to a mattress store and trying out what is the most comfortable fit for yourself.
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery